Forbes Magazine recently published an article online entitled “Follow These 10 Steps to Achieve Transformational Change. ” It outlined ten tips from author Wendy Darling, who “specializes in helping executives and entrepreneurs to achieve life changing transformations.” Here is a brief summary of the tips:
1. Magic Wand Time: Imagine exactly what you want your life outcomes to be
2. Entry points: Once you identify goals, first think of easy steps you can do to work towards them
3. Where’s the gap: Identify barriers to goals
4. The driving force of your values: What are the things you turn to when you meet challenges?
5. The power of your vision: Using a vision board to remind yourself of goals is a good idea
6. The magic of your mind: Practice thinking one thought at time to improve concentration
7. Put your focus on MEE (Mind, emotions, energy): Take time to do serious self-reflection
8. Are you making magic or mischief: Evaluate if your spending your time doing non-productive activities too much
9. Speedbumps, detours, and roadblocks: When you identify a challenge, evaluate it to see how big a potential barrier it is for you
10. Put your miracle of life into practice and fine your H.O.M.E. (Heaven on Earth, with ME in the middle): When building a path to reach your goals, make sure the steps you’ll take are ones you’ll enjoy.
What do you readers think of these tips? Do they seem realistic, or too dreamy? How can they improved, if at all? What are some other sources for advice on professional success?
Here is a link to the original article
Blog post by Kristin Harden, a first-year student in HBHE
WiHL Members, friends, and supporters all contribute to this blog